Friday, December 12, 2008

Stories in the Community: Jeremy

Who: Jeremy Miller, 25,

I enjoy hunting, fishing, skiing, and baseball. I enjoy helping out our youth and am currently a YoungLife leader and an assistant coach for the high school wrestling team. I train a group of kids in baseball once a week. I truly believe it is my purpose in life to love God and that he has put me here to guide our youth to him.

Occupation: U.S. Park Ranger

Years in Community: 23

Education: Lake Roosevelt 2001 ; WSU 2005 w/ Bachelor of Science in Natural Resources (Major in Wildland Recreation Management)

Favorite community memory: Making the "Colorama Mud Bowl" in my senior class for the Colorama Parade

Hopes for community: To find some object or idea to base our town around, be it the dam or our school athletics...our town seems to be missing a sense of spirit, in many ways.

Why I am part of the project: No idea, I (or maybe it's other people) tend to get myself involved in lots of stuff somehow; I guess it's just another item to add to all that stuff

HORIZONS: Community Leaders Reducing Poverty
Working together to move from poverty to prosperity for all.

No comments: