Sunday, December 7, 2008

Stories in the Community: Amanda

Who: Amanda Poch

Occupation: Paraprofessional at Center Elementary and After School program leader for 4th, 5th and 6th grades

Years in Community: Almost 25 years

Education: Lake Roosevelt High School 2002; Washington State University, Hospitality Business Management, 2006; Working towards a Masters in Teaching through Western Governors University.

Favorite community memory: The candle light vigil that was held at Mason City Park after 9/11. It was an eye-opening moment for me as a high school senior to really see the caliber of people we have in our community.

Hopes for community: My hopes are for the people of our community to realize that anything is possible. The only thing stopping change is not believing it can happen.

Why I am part of the project: I am a firm believer that a person should not complain about something unless they are doing something to fix it. I want to see our community reach its potential, so I'm going to work for it.


HORIZONS: Community Leaders Reducing Poverty
Working together to move from poverty to prosperity for all.

No comments: